We take your privacy seriously
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, The Property Collection ("we" or "us") is the data controller (the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your company name or business address) whenever you complete an online form.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you (e.g. register to use this Website, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up to a service,. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- statistical analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- marketing (see "Marketing and opting out" below)
- fraud prevention and detection
- billing and order fulfilment
- credit scoring and credit checking (see "Credit checking" below)
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- to notify you any changes to this website or our services which may affect you
- security vetting
- improving our services
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you about services and special offers which may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further "Your rights" below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
Keeping your data secure
- to law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- in the event that the The Property Collection’s assets and goodwill are subsequently transferred to a third party
- to our agents and service providers
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
- access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
- give consent to the processing of his or her personal data
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a 'cookie', which is a small file, on your computer's hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies.However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
- to recognise you whenever you visit this website
- to speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log on each time)
- to store your personal preferences
- to build a profile about you
- to better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: aboutcookies.org
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area*. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract which will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
* The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to The Property Collection
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should log into your control panel and update your preferences to indicate that you wish to opt out of direct marketing.
- put your request in writing
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details)
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Our contact details
If you wish to contact us, please send an email via our online contact form. You can send written communications to our registered office at Pioneer House, Vision Park, Cambridge CB24 9NL.